Here’s 10 points that will change your approach to eBusines:
- Shift your online business paradigm. Understand that your website, is not just your website. Your website, is an eBusiness that should communicate clearly to your target audience, inspire them to do what you want them to do, and make you money.
- Study your industry. What are your competitors doing online and how do you measure up to you? Make a decision to compete with them or to be satisfied with mediocracy. To be perfectly frank, doing business online is about winning or losing … there is a scoreboard.
- Analyze your website. If you have Google Analytics installed, review your website statistics. If you sell products or services online, measure your conversion rates. If you need help understanding the data, hire a digital marketing consultant.
- Determine your online goals and objectives. Figure out what you would like to accomplish online in the next 3 months, 6 months and 12 months. The goals and objectives should be S.M.A.R.T…..Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.
- Prepare to invest into digital marketing. Remember, this is not your website, it’s your e-Business. Successful online companies consistently invest into their e-Business. Determine a digital marketing budget based on your S.M.A.R.T goals and objectives.
- Identify your digital marketing team. Transforming a website into an e-Business is a marathon, not a sprint. It will require a focused digital marketing team that works daily on winning the race for you.
- Plan your digital marketing attack. Not to sound cliché, but an online businesses that fails to plan … plans to fail. Your digital marketing plan should include SEO, conversion rate, pay-per-click, email marketing, and content marketing strategies and tactics. It should outline how you will achieve your S.M.A.R.T goals and objectives for the next 12 months.
- Invigorate your product or service offering. This involves a brutally honest examination of your marketing mix and S.W.O.T analysis, in order to determine your market penetration strategy and pricing strategy … be open-minded to testing to find your sweet spot.
- Renovate Your Website to be Responsive and Convert. It’s time to bring in the experts … communicate your S.M.A.R.T goals and objectives … review your digital marketing plan and market penetration strategy … determine the course of action by wireframing, sitemapping, and extensive keyword research. Your new website needs to be a responsive website.
- Integrate your digital marketing campaigns. Integrated marketing communication is the most cost-effective and powerful form of marketing today. It will maximize your return-on-investment and brand awareness.
All the best,